Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Layered Background Technique

Hello, friends!  Today I made two birthday cards for the new March challenge at the Hero Arts blog. 

The first card uses the "layered background" techqnique that Shari Carroll described in her post at the Hero Arts blog today.  I first stamped the Friend Definition using Punch chalk ink, then I stamped the Large Canvas Stripes using Soft Rose shadow ink.   On a separate paper I embossed the typewriter and cut it out, shading it in with Spun Sugar distress ink.  The sentiment is from the clear "Birthday Messages" set. 

Materials Used:  (CG125) Friend Definition, (S5433) Large Canvas Stripes, (CG280) My Type,
(CL139) Birthday Messages; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8, American Crafts ribbon, Queen & Co. pearls.


The next card is a birthday card using a latte note card with the Classic Fabric Design stamped in Latte chalk ink.  Pretty simple...

Materials Used:   (CG245) Classic Fabric Design, (CL139) Birthday Messages, Spellbinders
Shapeabilities Fancy Tags, patterned paper, blue gems, Prima flowers, EK border punch, corner rounder


I also have to take a moment to say a very special THANK YOU to the wonderful Patricia Rey (aka Scrapflower) who designed a beautiful new blog banner for me.  Isn't she super talented?  What a sweetheart she is...she did the same for Heather Maria and when I complimented her work at Heather's blog she went and made me one, too.  Now THAT is sweet!  Thanks again, Patricia! 

Happy first day of March, everyone.  Let's hope it goes out like a lamb...I'm ready for Spring!
Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

5 comments:

  1. Love both of your cards, Judy! The layered background of the first card you made is so nice - and I like the second card very much, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your blog looks, Judy - ready for spring! I'm so glad you started blogging! Your cards today are wonderful - love your sentiment for the first card, and the stripes on the 2nd one loosens up the usually elegant background to be more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Judy!! Love the new blog look and cards! Simply delightful to visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of your blog Judy! I really like the ribbon detail on your first card and how you embellished the second one! In fact I just bought the Spellbinder fancy labels tag set because of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your two cards Judy!!! So pretty and fresh just like your blog header :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy