Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Sketch Cards

Hello, friends!  As Easter quickly approaches, I made two Easter cards following two of the sketches in the Hero Arts monthly challenge.  Here are the choices:


My first card is another egg-shaped card using those little Studio G treasures I found for $1 at the local craft store.  For the top half of the egg, I embossed the Dots and Flowers in white, then added tiny dots of red Stickles as accents in the design.  For the bottom half, I stamped the Large Canvas Stripes using Soft Pool shadow ink for a subtle effect.  The patterned papers, ribbon, and butterfly were all in my stash and came together quickly to finish off the card.  I stamped the sentiment in black and added black pearls to the butterfly for a final touch.

Materials Used:  (E5388) Traditional Butterfly (CL498) Celebrate Everyday;
(S5433) Large Canvas Stripes; (S5213) Dots and Flowers; American Crafts ribbon;
red Stickles; black pearls; white Inkssentials pen; Cuttlebug/embossing folder

My second card also followed a sketch AND was part of a challenge hosted by Hero Hostess Linda (ScrappinBari) to pair up with someone and make a card using the same stamp(s).  I paired up with the wonderfully young and talented Hannah and we both agreed to use the Hero Arts Lace Background stamp.  Here is my take on the challenge:

Materials Used: (CL498) Celebrate Everyday; (S5341) Lace Background; (CG123)
Flower Wallpaper; (CG125) Friend Definition; (E5388) Traditional Butterfly; HA Sunshine Folded Card;
HA Grass chalk ink; American Crafts ribbon; Cuttlebug/embossing folder; Crop-a-Dile corner chomper

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be able to post any more cards this week...Holy Week, the Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday celebrations are rapidly approaching and my family and I are involved in all of them.  May God bless all of you this Holy Week and upcoming Easter season!

Take care,
Judy 

1 comment:

  1. Really vivid mix of colors, textures and patterns, Judy! Someone will be smiling when they receive these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy