Friday, April 22, 2011

Pairing Up...and a Quick Easter Card

Hello, friends!  Today's card is a fun project I made as part of a current Hero Hostess Challenge to pair up with someone and make cards using the same stamp(s).  I paired up with Deb (a.k.a. debstamps at Flickr) and we agreed to use our Hero Arts Four Dolls clear set.  Be sure to check out Deb's beautiful card and the story behind it..it sounds wonderful

My little layered scene (made entirely with Hero Arts stamps) started with the Clouds in Soft Pool shadow ink.  I stamped the Dots and Flowers in Leaf shadow ink onto green paper, then punched the edge using the Martha Stewart "Grass" border punch.  Next, I punched the MS "Picket Fence" border punch on cream paper and embossed the Designer Woodgrain in white to give it some subtle texture.  I stamped the three dolls onto white cardstock, colored with colored pencils, and cut out.  I adhered one doll behind the fence and mounted the other in front with one up on a pop dot for added dimension.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the Sweet Wonderful You set.

Materials Used:  (CL297) Four Dolls, (CL381) Sweet Wonderful You, (S5213) Dots and Flowers,
(S5215) Clouds, (S5208) Designer Wood, Martha Stewart "grass" edge punch,
Martha Stewart "picket fence" border punch, (CH143) Blossom sparkle gems  


Before I go, here is a quick last-minute Easter card I made using a DCWV pre-designed card, a scallop punch, a circle punch, and a $1 bunny stamp my daughter has in her stash (yes, my daughters each have a small stamping stash of their own...and yes, I sometimes borrow their stuff!).  I just stamped the bunny outline without inking the face, then cut it out and added the "cotton tail" for fun.  The bunny is up on pop dots for some extra dimension.



We are busy with Easter activities this weekend, so I probably won't have a chance to post again for a few days. 
Best wishes to all for a Happy Easter!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy