Friday, May 6, 2011

A Card for a Friend

Hello, friends!  Just a quick post today...need to go make some cards on my day off!

I was inspired to make this card after seeing this beauty by Debbie (a.k.a., limedoodle).  I know, I totally cased her card.  Shameless.  But hey, what would I change?  Her card is perfect!  Anyway, I made a few slight variations (i.e., I don't have that particular butterfly stamp so I used a different one).  Here is mine...


Materials Used:  Hero Arts (CG215) Wreath of Leaves, (E5388) Traditional Butterfly;
white embossing powder; lilac pearls; ultra-fine glitter

 
Here is a closer look at the butterfly, which I embossed in white onto patterned paper and cut out, then mounted with a glue dot and added ultra-fine glitter to the wings...

 
I sent this to an on-line friend who I have been thinking about and praying for and I thought she might enjoy a little suprise in the mail.  I hope it works!

Have a great day,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Great job casing this card - I love your sparkly butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy