Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Few Cards and Father's Day 2011

Hello, friends!  I'm so happy to be back in blog-land!  I've been gone for a while due to the final weeks of work, school, baseball, softball, Brownies, etc.!  The kids finished school on Friday and we are still cleaning up the aftermath of back packs, books, papers, folders, uniforms, projects, report cards, and so on.  I think it may take me a week or so to dig out of this mess!

In the meantime, I figured I'd share a few cards I've made in the past few weeks.  I used this set of cards as thank you notes for the kids' teachers (along with their gifts).  I do love the Hero Arts Four Apples set!  All the backgrounds are Hero Arts stamped in Poppy Chalk Ink on Sunshine folded note cards.  The sentiment is also Hero Arts from the Sending Smiles Message set. 


I made this little monster card for a birthday party my six-year-old son went to the other day...I love the monsters in this Michael's Recollections My Little Monsters set, and the eyes are the perfect size for plastic google eyes.  Cute!  I also used some favorite Hero Arts stamps including the Friend Definition and Dots and Flowers as well as some ribbon and a Fiskars border punch.



Finally, in honor of Father's Day this year I want to share a few Father's Day pictures, both past and present.  This is my father's Army picture, followed by a picture of him with me and my four siblings on Easter Sunday, about a month before he passed away in 1976.  (I'm in the white dress up front).  What can I say, my dad was a wonderful man.



Then there is the other wonderful man in my life, my best friend and high school sweetheart... my husband!  Here he is fooling around with the kids before the annual "Father's Day" posed picture.  I think he and my dad would have gotten along swimmingly...so sorry they never got to meet.




Happy Father's Day...hope to be back often and soon!
(Yay, Summer!!)
Judy

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the photos of your father and your hubby and family! :> And what great teachers card and your bday card is sooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy summer, Judy! So glad to see a post from you. Love the cards for the teachers and your monster card is adorable! Thanks for sharing the photos too. My father died the same year. . .miss him still. Hope you and your beautiful family have a fun summer! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy summer Judy!! I so enjoyed the pictures you shared today. I really missed my dad yesterday and seeing everyone's photos on their blogs have made me realize I need to go through mine. Your cards are very sweet - especially love the little monster! Googly eyes win me over every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post Judy, love the family pictures you have a great team :)
    Love your teacher cards, I know what you mean about the aftermath, Hannah has just finished exams so she can put all her study books away for the summer now and the countless pieces of used lined paper too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Judy! And, the pictures are so precious - what a beautiful family you have! Summer is when I like to be outdoors and I don't stay in and make cards as much. But, I try to keep up with blogs and Flickr. Happy Summer to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS teacher cards Judy and that monster card is so darn cute...LOVE it!! I also love seeing personal pics of family...what a great fun gang you have :) Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Hugs TRace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy