Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting Edgy with Slate Blue, Barn Red and Grey (CFC#8, PDCC87)

Hello, friends!  Today I made a card with two challenges in mind.  The first is the current CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #8 to make a card with a fun "edge" (e.g., using punches, tearing card stock, etc.).



The second is the current Play Date Cafe Challenge #87 to use the colors slate blue, brick red and grey.


 
I started by using a slate blue card onto which I stamped the Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain using Weathered Wood distress ink.  Next I stamped the Hero Arts Flower Plate cling using grey pigment ink onto white card stock and cut out.  I stamped the sentiment from the Anytime Messages set using cranberry ink.  I mounted it onto brick red card stock onto which I had stamped the Hero Arts Friend Definition using cranberry ink.  The border of the red card stock was made using the Martha Stewart "Daisy" border punch, while I punched the Fiskars "Threading Water" border punch along the bottom of the card.  I finished off the card using some Prima flowers and grey pearl accents.


I hope you are all having a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!
Take care,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Judy! Love the punched edges and your pretty use of these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy this is FABULOUS for both challenges!!! So PRETTY! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Judy! You've nailed the colors perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the stamps and colors...AND the edges! Gorgeous composition, Judy! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Judy, love the blue woodgrain backdrop :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done, Judy! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love all the different textures and borders.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy