Sunday, July 24, 2011

Always Time for Friendship - PDCC#91

Hello, friends!  I made today's card with two challenges in mind: the current Lucy's Lovely Lines Challenge at Lily Pad Cards blog and the Play Date Cafe Color Splash to make a black and white card with a small splash of one color.  Here's the sketch and the color inspiration:

For my card, I used my Hero Arts Blossom Art set to repeatedly stamp the flower.  I also stamped it onto yellow gingham paper and cut it out to cover one of the flowers.  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Live Life clear set.  I finished each of the corners with a Marvy notched corner punch. 


Here is a close-up of the button and ribbon on the paper-pieced flower...I colored in each small circle with a fine tip black Sharpie, then added a dot of white with my Inkssentials pen. 


Thanks so much for stopping by...have a great day!
Judy

11 comments:

  1. Boy did you hit this one out of the ballpark! TWO challenges and gingham too :))) LOVE it, my friend - thanks so much for playing at the pond with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog. This is my first time to yours and I will be adding you to my favorites - your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Loving the little snippet of ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Judy! You really nailed both challenges with one flabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute little checkered yellow flower Judy! Great use of the colour splash :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Judy!! This is soo lovely!!Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant splash of colour and a fab card:)
    Love yellow and black together :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy you are on a roll Babe. I love what you have done with these two challenges. The card is pefect down to a tee. Love your CAS style and sooo love the gingham flower. That sentiment really has been on my list for so long and now I want it all over again. It really does make such a statement. Good luck on these challenges and I think you deserve to win!
    Thanks so much for your kind remarks on my blog. THey really do mean so much to me. I have not been leaving comments on many blogs due to our modem burning out and needing a new one. I am happy to say today that we have one again, and I am trying to spread so much love and encouragement again as possible. I am so happy that I know you too my sweet friend. Hugs. Thanks for posting about my blog Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely perfect, Judy! LOVE that sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic CAS design and LOVE how you've added the splash of color. Thank you so much for joining in on the color splash at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for saying Hello over at Flying House! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy