Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cards That Care Week - Day Four!

Hello, friends!  I'm here with day four of my very own "Cards That Care Week."  I've sent in all of these cards to the wonderful card drive run by Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire...be sure to check it out HERE and consider sending in some cards -- there is still time!

Did you happen to see the blog hop prize winner list yesterday?  I was SO excited to see that I was one of the lucky random winners!  Even better...I won four Hero Arts stamps of my choice!   BEST PRIZE EVER!  (Thank you so much, Vera and Jennifer!)

OK, now on to my card.

I have loved this fun little Penny Black Arctic Bus stamp since the day I bought it.  It makes me smile.  These little penguins sure do know how to have fun!  Check out the one in the back...he's going one-handed, for heaven's sakes!  (Livin' on the wild side, for sure!)


I embossed the penguin image in black, water colored the image, then added an SRM Sticker sentiment across the bottom.  I dry embossed the entire card using the Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder, rounded the bottom corners, and added the red ribbon as a final touch.  

I also added some Gelly Roll Stardust Clear glitter pen to the fur of their hats...can you see it?


That does it for today...tomorrow's cards are a bit more traditional. 
Until then...have a good one!
Judy

6 comments:

  1. They make me smile too! I love how you embossed the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see your name as a winner, Judy! Nothin' better than free Hero Arts stamps! :) Love this darling card today! Those sledding penguins are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep he's sure confident about the trip isn't he!
    Super fun card today Judy, love the embossed background :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these penguins on the embossed background Judy! Superb for this card drive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your snowy embossed background Judy and this stamp is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy