Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mr. Big Eyes

Hello, friends! After a two-day trip to New York for my uncle's funeral, I am home once again and back to blogging.  Sorry if I haven't been by to visit your blogs...I have some catching up to do!

I have been looking forward to making some cards with this new Hero Arts stamp (I have affectionately named him "Mr. Big Eyes") because I have seen some amazing cards out there using THIS big-eyed fella!  Check out the Hero Arts Flickr group and search by the stamp number (K5574)...you'll see what I mean!

I made several cards, and the following were embossed in black directly on the card front and painted with water color paints. Then I masked and stamped the backgrounds and the sentiment. Easy peasy!




I also tried embossing him in white onto brown cardstock and here is what I came up with...I honestly don't like it.   Live and learn, right?


Thanks for visiting!
Have a good one!
Judy

9 comments:

  1. He's certainly got eyes that follow you round the room!! Reminds me of the macramé owls we used to make at school :)
    Love the different shaded bkgds... the first is my fave :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he just the CUTEST!? Love these Judy, but I have to agree with you about the brown (is that OK?)
    Hey- at least you tried it though! Now we know :)
    I really like him with the woodgrain bg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's OK...the more I look at it the more I dislike it! ;)

      Delete
  3. I think each one is wonderful, Judy! It really is such a fun stamp! Glad you're back home safe and sound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that owl sure is cute... you created a wonderful set of cards, judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! This is a super fun stamp and these cards are GREAT! I love the watercoloring effect! MUST give that a try! I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Praying for peace and comfort for your family during this difficult time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Mr. Big Eyes too, but he has intimidated me with what to do with him. He certainly didn't intimidate you...your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a fabulous owl. I haven't seen this one yet. Great cards. I think the second one is my favorite. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy