Monday, February 13, 2012

Papertrey Ink + Rolled Roses = Fun!

Hello, friends!  Boy, I haven't been around in a while and I miss it so!   Life is so B*U*S*Y these days that I'm lucky I even got to make any cards, let alone photograph them, upload them, and then blog about them!  Believe it or not I made these cards over the weekend, but this is the first chance I've had to blog them.  Sorry I haven't been around to visit or comment...SIGH!  The sad part is, this is only the beginning...it just gets busier from here on out...once spring hits, I'm gone until summer! 

Anyway, I am so excited because I ordered my first EVER stamps from Papertrey Ink (thank you for my gift certificate award, Susan...it was a big help!).  I have been eyeing several sets for quite some time, and while I have a bazillion sentiments already, I couldn't resist adding THIS set to my collection.  I also ordered THIS cool set...can't wait to play with these wreaths!  Finally, I ordered various colors of wool felt...yummy!

I was also excited to play with the My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses dies I ordered from Simon Says Stamp! (That's why I wanted the wool felt!).  This time around I made some rolled roses out of patterned paper.



Here they are individually.  I added red Stickles around the edge of the scallop and inside the rose on this first card.


I added a brown pearl on the inside of this rose.


Yep, I really like these sentiments AND the rolled roses.  FUN!

OK, back to the mad rush...wish me luck!  See you all soon...I hope!
Judy

9 comments:

  1. Oh Judy! Love your new purchases from PTI :) Nice choices!
    Love the embossed dp- looks fabulous and those rolled roses too!! I have some flower dies from MFT, but not that one....YET! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to play with your new supplies and love what you've created here too, the colours are so bold and rich :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing these lovely rolled roses - and yours are so pretty against that lovely stripe, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new purchases, Judy! I only have a couple of stamps from PTI; am longing for some of their flower dies!! The budget won't allow for it now though. The striped pp you used is so richly colored! Love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Judy! These are both so fabulous! LOVE your rolled roses and the stripes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute cards, judy!! love your little roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to have new supplies to play with! Your cards are fabulous. Love the colors and those rolled roses are sweet. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy your cards are just beautiful & I can see why you love the rolled roses. Yours are truely gorgeous. Hope you get some time to relax in amongst the mad rush of life xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy