Monday, February 27, 2012

A Scrappy Birthday Card - LIM 56

Hello, friends!  It is good to be back for a quick visit...been away too long with the craziness of life and missing all of you!

I am stopping by today with a card I made for the current Less Is More Week 56 Challenge: Don't Scrap It. We are challenged to use some of those left over bits and pieces we all tend to keep...mine are in a drawer in a set of plastic storage drawers. 

I recently bought this cute For You Gifts stamp from the new 2012 Hero Arts catalog and couldn't wait to play with it.  I stamped the image onto white card stock, then stamped it repeatedly onto various pieces of scrap paper from the drawer.   


Next, I cut out the various elements (boxes, dress, shoes) and colored
the remaining sections of the image before adhering the paper pieces.


Here they are glued on...



Finally, in an effort to keep it clean and simple, I adhered the image to a white embossed card base and rounded the corners.


I had some extra cut-outs that I will keep in a little baggie for future paper-piecing with this stamp.  What a great way to use up my scraps!  Lots of fussy cutting, but a nice stress relief after a busy day!

As always, thanks for stopping by.  Hope to visit you soon!
Judy

16 comments:

  1. Great idea for using up your scraps, Judy, and cutting always relieves stress for me too. Love this adorable card! The paper pieced image is darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card Judy and a very neat bit of paper piecing too!
    Great use of our scraps.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE paper piecing, and do it a lot with stamps. It is the best way of using scraps. Thanks for showing.
    Your card turned out great.
    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Judy! It feels good to use up scraps doesn't it? And I agree- I think fussy cutting is relaxing in some weird way too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you! I love all the patterns on this sweet card - so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paper-piecing, Judy! Love how your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did your card Judy!! Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you've really gone to town with the paper piecing Judy and the stamp really calls for it too ! Brilliant card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Judy, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this image! I have been looking at it more and more which eventually means I will buy it! I adore your paper piecing here, it's a really awesome card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card, great paper piecing
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect use for scraps. I love the paper piecing on this fab image. :) ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Judy, what a lovely card. Paper piecing is always a great way to use up little bits of pp. Good luck with the challenge xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous card, judy!! your paper piecing is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card with fab paper piecing hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy, this is fabulous! I love paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy