Saturday, July 21, 2012

Inspired by Sally Traidman

Hello friends!  While I was cruisin' around the "Ideas" section of the Hero Arts  website the other day, I came across several clean and simple cards made by the very talented Sally Traidman.  So, as another contribution to the contest at A Blog Named Hero, I made a shameless CASE card inspired by THIS one-layer beauty:


I used similar stamps but not identical...I have a smaller script (Long Writing Background), I added the Harlequin Pattern Block inked in soft vanilla shadow ink in the background, and I used the woodblock Wild Flowers instead of the cling.  I inked up the flowers with Marvy markers, spritzed with water, and stamped. 



Actually, after all that coloring I figured I'd try to re-spritz the stamp and re-stamp it onto watercolor paper; I'm glad I did because I can definitely use this...



If you haven't checked it out yet, there is still time (and lots of inspiration) over at A Blog Named Hero.  I know I am inspired by ALL the Hero Arts artists...it's hard to choose a favorite!


Have a great day!
Judy

12 comments:

  1. I love your card, Judy! I so wish I had that Harlequin Pattern, it adds so much to a design, such a nice depth. Your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Judy! I L.O.V.E. your card...it is absolutely gorgeous! All those colors just work so pleasingly well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove the harlequin pattern in the bg and the vibrancy of the flowers! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! The diamonds really give it an extra something special--and I am so glad you restamped the image, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Judy. I love the way you inked your flowers. Your layers of stamping are wonderful. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Judy. Love the diamonds behind the flowers. Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Judy, love your stamped layers...I need to check these HA shadow inks they look so yummy :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful take on sally's card, judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy your card is gorgeous!!! I didn't know you could achieve those results with Marvy markers, I will try this! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! A well deserved Heroine Badge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy