Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Three for Fun

Hello, friends!  I was in my craft area the other day and came across some patterned paper punched butterflies that just called out to me..."Make me into a card!"  I made not one, not two, but THREE  cards...just for fun.  No challenges, no sketches, just playing around.  (That's how it all started for me, after all...and it still feels good to play around!)

Materials Used:
Stamps: Hero Arts "Big All Time Messages," "Envelope" pattern
Inks: black dye ink, soft pool midtone ink
Other: Martha Stewart butterfly and fence punches, Sizzix "Argyle" embossing folder,
black gems, corner rounder 


Materials Used:
Stamps: Paper Smooches "Simply Said"
Inks: black dye ink
Other: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Sizzix "Flowers" embossing folder,
black enamel accents, corner rounder




Materials Used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Think Big Favorites #14,"  Hero Arts "Envelope" pattern
Inks: black dye ink, soft pool mid-tone ink
Other: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Sizzix "Three Dots" embossing folder,
black enamel accents, corner rounder



I'm keeping these cards for some masculine family birthdays we have coming up. Thanks for stopping by...I hope you find some time to play with your supplies just for fun, too!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Playing just to enjoy the process is a "good thing"! Love how you used these butterflies you had on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that the pattern paper and butterflies can "talk some sense" to you! These are awesome creations, Judy! Love it when you just play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometime its good to create "just because" and not have the pressure of a deadline. love all three designs, awesome cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I love them all but I'm especially drawn to the 2nd one - love how the butterflies pop off the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy