Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Card Concept #21: Country & Sunflowers

Hello, friends!  I was so excited when I saw the current challenge at The Card Concept #21: Country & Sunflowers.  I love country and sunflowers!  Look at this lovely inspiration photo, with the beautiful black and white checks and the pops of yellow blooms!


I immediately thought of an old Personal Stamp Exchange (PSI) wood block stamp I have had for years, and inked it up.  I also pulled out my Impression Obsession gingham background stamp and a Hero Arts sentiment to pull it all together.  I was definitely inspired by the colors, patterns and content of the inspiration photo!



I believe the style of my card is "Clean and Layered" based on the clean lines, layers, ribbon embellishment, and open space.


I added some gold Stickles in the centers of the sunflowers for some shine and texture.  (You can see it when I tilt the card in the light.)


Have you ever grown sunflowers?  I have, and they were so wonderful!  I loved cutting them for inside display, but they were also a great attraction for butterflies, bumblebees and birds outside in the garden and I enjoyed watching all the action out there, too!

When our kids were little we would always take a day trip to a local farm for pumpkin and apple picking; one of my favorite parts of the day was the hay ride past an immense sunflower field.  I would take tons of pictures of the rows and rows of flowers, all facing and reaching for the sun.  They were so beautiful!  Yes, I do love sunflowers.

Thank you so much for stopping by...now I'm off to check out the other entries at The Card Concept this week!

Have a great day,
Judy

14 comments:

  1. Judy! this is gorgeous! I love how clean but strong it is. Great details (all that gingham and stickles... just right!) and i love the sunflowers. My grandpa used to grow sunflowers and after reading your post, I thought of him. He's been gone for some time now but he used to send me photos of the sunflowers he was growing in his garden. He always loved them so much. Thanks for bringing about the tender memory for me! Bless you!
    thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly county and fresh Judy! I like the checks framing the pretty sunflowers and your gingham bow is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I had that stamp a long time ago Judy! It's still a wonderful one and you have colored it so perfectly! Really love your card!! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This couldn't be any more perfect for the challenge, and I love that it's an older stamp! It's so neat to see the oldies being used once again! LOVE this to pieces, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo beautiful Judy!! Perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Judy, you rocked this one! It's so perfect for the challenge! Love the gingham and your gorgeous sunflowers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't decide if I should use burlap or gingham... I think the gingham was a great choice!
    Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning design! I Love Sunflowers but, I have never grown any. I would try but we are in a drought. It wouldn't be fair to the flowers :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just brimming with country goodness. Love how you paired the sunflowers with gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Judy and yes I love Sunflowers too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stamp was made for this challenge, Judy! Gorgeous coloring and I love the blue mat. And that hayride sounds amazing - I'd love to see a field of sunflowers like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I just love the black/white gingham with the flowers, gives it some country charm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the gingham BG (so subtle) with the black and white checked frame around those GORGEOUS sunflowers! FAB card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another gorgeous card, Judy! Your sunflowers are colored beautifully, and I love your background! Love your gingham bow, too...the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy