Monday, July 3, 2017

The Ton July Mood Board Challenge

Hello, friends!  I'm back with a card I made for The Ton July Mood Board Challenge using this lovely mood board for inspiration:



I was immediately drawn to the top middle photo of the beach at dusk (or dawn, depending where you live!) and I used my "Wave" stamp set to recreate the scene!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: The Ton (Wave, Penned Sentiments)
Inks: MFT (Black Licorice), distress inks (Tumbles Glass, Peacock Feathers, Weathered Wood, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Shaded Lilac, Antique Linen)
Other: MFT (Wonky Stitched Rectangle die)


I used a variety of distress inks, both on the wave and in the sky, to recreate the colors in the picture.  (Supplies are listed above).  I also framed the card using a wonky stitch die to imitate the waves of the ocean.  I love the "Penned Sentiments" set and can't help but think of the awesomeness of the ocean when I read this particular sentiment.

I don't think I ever purchased a stamp set as quickly as I did this set.  I saw one card set during the release (by Laurel Beard) and went immediately to The Ton's store and bought it.  I am so glad I did!  I don't see me ever getting tired of this stamp set.  It amazes me every time I ink it up!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Judy! I wanted to let you know how beautiful this card is and you did an incredible job. Your card making skills continue to impress me - way to go. :)Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Judy, what beautiful colors! This is an amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with the stunning sky!!! You caught the colors of the sky in the picture perfectly, Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Judy. Thank you for your congrats on me. I love the beautiful colors you created here. The ocean wave is gorgeous. Big congratulations on your HM this month. :)
    Marge .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy